St Mary’s is a not-for-profit, community childcare centre. Our childcare fees cover all our services and include the Government’s 20 Hours ECE (Early Childhood Education) subsidy.
How to enrol has our online waiting list application form and explains how to enrol your child at our centre.
Our fees depend on the age of your child and the number of hours of childcare you need. We also give the following discounts:
- a 10% reduction on daily fees if you enrol your child for 5 days a week
- a 5% reduction on daily fees if more than 1 child from the same family is enrolled at our centre.
Children aged 3 years or younger
|Child’s age||Number of childcare hours||Daily rate
(2–4 days care)
|Daily rate incl 10% discount
(5 days care)
|Weekly rate incl 10% discount
(5 days care)
|Under 2 years||6 hours||$64||$58||$290|
|2 to 3 year-olds||6 hours||$54||$49||$245|
|8 hours (8am to 4pm or 9am to 5pm||$70||$63||$315|
|9 hours (8am to 5pm)||$78||$71||$355|
Children aged 3 years and older
Our fees (including GST and 20 Hours ECE ) for children aged 3 years and over are as follows:
|Hours per day|| Daily rate
2 0r 3 days
|Weekly rate(with 10% discount)|
|7-hour day||$27/day||$28/day||$32/day||$29/day ($145/week)|
|8-hour day||$37 /day||$38/day||$39/day||$35/day ($175/week)|
|9-hour day||$43/day||$48/day||$55/day||$50/day ($250/week)|
|10 hours||$49/day||$54/day||$58/day||$53/day ($265/week)|
20 Hours ECE
‘20 Hours ECE’ is a government subsidy that helps cover early childhood education fees for children who are 3, 4, or 5 years old. Our fees for children aged 3–5 years old include this subsidy.
20 Hours ECE are spread across the week, so daily fees for children aged 3 years and over depend on the number of days per week they attend. The maximum number of ECE hours per day we can apply is 6 hours. For children attending:
- 2 and 3 days per week, we apply 6 ECE hours per day
- 4 days, we apply 5 hours per day
- 5 days, we apply 4 hours per day.
We charge the 2-year-old fee rate if you haven’t signed the ‘20 Hours ECE attestation form’.
20 Hours ECE on the Ministry of Education’s website has more information about how 20 Hours ECE works, including what the attestation form is.
What we use your fees for
Your fees are used to educate and care for your child, create a small surplus to buy equipment, and to build up our contingency reserve. Our fees cover the full range of childcare services we offer, such as:
- providing all meals and other food including:
- a 2-course lunch
- morning and afternoon tea snacks when needed
- birthday and celebration food
- meeting some special dietary needs
- providing sunscreen lotion
- providing outings and special events
- mostly having a higher teacher-to-child ratio than the minimum required
- keeping our registered-to-unregistered teaching staff ratio above 80%
- employing experienced and long-serving teaching staff
- using colour photographs in profile books and on the wall displays.
Paying our bond and childcare fees explains our enrolment bond, how we invoice fees, and how you can pay us.
Contact our Head Teacher if you have any questions about our centre or fees.