During the month of July the investigators are researching, who the people are in the community.
- To be able to identify services and people within Karori.
- To identify the words that correlate with the pictures of community people.
- To have drama scenarios where the children can dramatize their understanding of each service.
- To have the fire brigade, police, electrician visit.
- For the children to take walks around the community to see where everything is.
- For the children to use creative resources to create how they see the world.
- To use Mathematics and Literacy to research and discover about the community.
The children will be learning the song from this website: from Sesame Street ‘Who are the people in the neighborhood’ The song will be adapted to the people in our community.